I’m in a Valentine’s Day frame of mind. Which is weird because in the 21 years that I’ve been with my husband, I’ve never cared about this holiday before. Until now. I asked Abe to make plans, and he’s going to surprise me with something non-food-related on the 14th. Maybe it will show up on my InstaStory?
At any rate, this year I’m feeling all romantic and thinking ahead!
Where to Eat
- Citizen (Beverly Hills) – American
- Pizzana (Brentwood) – Pizza, of course!
- Erven (Santa Monica) – Fancy Vegan
- Hanjip (Culver City) – Korean BBQ
- Button Mash (Echo Park) – Arcade Games and Asian Fusion
- Vernetti (Larchmont) – Italian
- Fishing With Dynamite (Manhattan Beach) – Seafood
- Bestia (DTLA) – Italian
- Commissary (Koreatown, pictured below) – American
- Eveleigh – American
- LANIMA – My friend Debbi Symes founded this 100% vegan skin care company, featuring ethically-sourced ingredients. It comes in the most beautiful, luxurious box and I can’t think of anything more self-lovey-dovey than painting a mask on myself once a week.
- Milk Jar Cookies – My fave in LA. Even the gluten-free kind.
- Pretty Simple Cooking – This new cookbook from my blog buddies A Couple Cooks is all vegetarian and so freaking gorgeous. Even if you’re not part of a couple right now you’ll want to make everything in it.
- Pygmy Hippo Shoppe – This tiny (and I mean tiny) store carries the cuuuuutest stuff.