“I have no portion control.” – Nicole Cogan, founder of NOBREAD
I have been following the @NOBREAD Instagram account for a while, but it wasn’t until recently that I began using the website as a resource for researching gluten-free restaurants. Nicole Cogan is the founder of NOBREAD, and my 98th podcast guest!
We discuss moving from NYC to LA, her history with gluten intolerance and sensitivity, body image issues, dealing with trolls, traveling and living a life of balance while staying wheat/soy/dairy free.
You can listen to the episode and subscribe on iTunes. I’m actually going to take a little break from podcasting after the 100th episode (I already have an INCREDIBLE guest lined up). We’re getting close!
- The Detox Market, Beauty Counter for gluten-free lipstick and cosmetics
- Protein Powders: Vital Proteins with collagen, Aloha, Tone it Up, Primal Kitchen
- NutriBullet for travel smoothies
- Go-to on-the-go Snacks: Almonds, Pecans, Kind Bars, Justin’s Nut Butter Packets
- Gluten-free Staples: Avocados, Coconut Butter, Almond Butter, Raspberries, Tortilla Chips, Eggs, Seaweed Snacks, Eating Evolved Coconut Butter Cups, Bragg’s Liquid Amino, Apple Cider Vinegar, Spindrift Soda, Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Almond Bars (pictured below)
- LA Restaurants with gluten-free options: Sweetfin Poke, Fonuts, Great White, Erewhon, Flower Child, Honey Hi, Earth Bar, Cecconi’s, Gracias Madre, Cafe Gratitude
- NYC Restaurants: ABCV, The Little Beet, Sweetgreen
Theme music is by Podcast Guest #85, Goh Nakamura.