“Jersey is all about Italian red sauce and Americanized Chinese Food. And bagels.” – Bruce Kalman
Bruce Kalman and I are bonded for life – he is the only person I’ve met outside of high school from the same part of NJ as me. So of course when I found out my fellow Jersey boy is going to be competing on the next season of Top Chef, I had to have him on the podcast ASAP.
We talk about Jersey food (duh), Jewish food, the malls of Paramus, how Bruce became a chef, and how to cut a mango.
- NJ Eats: Savino’s Pizza, The Fireplace, Coach House Diner, The Magic Pan, Everything Yogurt
- LA Eats: BiiBiip, Fat Sal’s (aka McDowell’s), Phorage, Vito’s Pizza, Pizzanista
- Cheese fries with gravy aka “Disco Fries”
- Chicken in the pot, Matzo Brei
- Foie Grock – Bruce’s chef rock band with Duff Goldman
- Noosa Yogurt
- Check out Bruce’s Restaurants: Union, Knead & Co. Pasta Bar + Market (Grand Central Market) and his line of spice rubs
- Follow Bruce: Site | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook