A few weeks ago, my friend Sherrie (With Food + Love) cooked the most lovely pop-up dinner in collaboration with Big Heart Tea Co. It was a gathering of some of my favorite people (Lily Diamond + Aida Mollenkamp were guests!) and the entire menu was naturally vegetarian/gluten-free.
We ended with this Affogato dessert – vanilla ice cream with cacao nibs and a shot of warm Sunshine Dust on top. This is hand blended turmeric with ginger, lemongrass and peppercorn – an anti-inflammatory and digestion-helper. The powder is a shortcut to making Golden Milk at home, which is something everyone I know has been obsessed with ordering whenever we go out for tea.
I have been blending a pinch of the stuff with my morning chia seed pudding. It reminds me of that special evening with Sherrie and friends!
- 3 Heaping Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1/8 Teaspoon Sunshine Dust (or tiny pinch of each: ginger, turmeric, black pepper)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup or Honey to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Almond or Coconut Milk
- The day before eating, in an 8 oz. Mason Jar, combine all the ingredients and shake well.
- After a few hours, use a fork to mix the chia seeds that have gelled and settled at the bottom. Let sit overnight and enjoy the next day, topped with some fruit, nuts, or cacao nibs.