Hi guys. How are you all holding up? There’s a lot going on in the world right now. It feels silly to be blogging about food, furniture, fun and fashion. It seems every day we wake up, something else goes wrong. And I don’t have any answers. At the same time, life goes on. Each day feels like a challenge, but it also feels precious. So the things I share here will focus on the delicious parts of my life right now.
My cousin Finny is turning 14! He always has the most epic food parties. This year he assigns courses and dishes for a birthday dinner party. The adults bring their A-Game.
Lance Roberts does pizza. He’s been doing this since Finn turned nine-years-old. My favorite is the pistachio version. We fill up on way too much of this.
Lots of veggies representing! Cauliflower/Broccoli Soup, Kale Caesar Salad, and a Brussels Sprouts Side dish that I make (recipe to come). For the main dish, there is an Indian entree – simply called a Shrimp and Egg Dish – that involves a lot of spices and a LOT of onions.
Finally, for dessert, this Italian Flourless Chocolate Cake made by Dawn Hudson. It’s like eating a cocoa cloud. A couple people asked on social media where the golden candles are from. Unfortunately, Dawn couldn’t remember the store – but I will say they are sturdy enough for when Finn turns 15.
Some other bright spots lately:
- Abe was made into a NY Times Magazine Cartoon
- NBC renewed The Good Place, which is one of my favorite new shows
- My friend Hilah launched a podcast, and it’s so good
- How to Make Frozen Dumplings (LIVE)
- An interview I did with Crowdfire and a shoutout from Chalkboard Mag
- Going to Disneyland for the first time in almost a year – what should I eat?!?