Tortilla Egg Roll – my take on Bobby Flay’s Tortilla Omelet Burrito recipe.
I watch a lot of cooking shows. Rarely do I see a cooking technique that I haven’t seen a hundred times before, that is so simple and obvious. This trick by Bobby Flay was essentially taking a tortilla, dipping it into egg and cooking it like french toast. He called it a Tortilla Omelet Burrito, but I felt my take on the recipe was more like a Tortilla Egg Roll.
Yes, I do realize traditional “egg rolls” are nothing like this. To be honest, these remind me a lot more of scallion pancake texture.
I filled them up with more eggs, soy bean curd (Aburaage) and spinach.
Little bundles of awesomeness.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- Coconut Oil
- Handful Seasoned Tofu
- Whisk together the eggs and Sriracha in a large, shallow bowl. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet and melt some coconut oil.
- Take a tortilla and fully submerge it into the egg mixture for 30 seconds. Cook in the coconut oil on both sides until brown. Repeat with the other tortilla.
- If there are leftover eggs, scramble them in the skillet. Add them, along with the tofu and spinach, into the middle of the tortillas.
- Roll up like a burrito and enjoy.