Our friends Kate and Jared recently had a baby (the first BuzzFeed Baby) – they use Meal Train to organize the delivery of food. People sign up to drop off takeout or a home-cooked meal. I find it easy to use and have been recommending it to all my buddies who could use some help. It’s perfect for those who have little time to think about what to eat for dinner, let alone cook it. I put together a vegetarian dinner for two – and will be sharing both recipes. This post is all about the Zucchini Lentil Stew.
It holds up beautifully, and is thick and creamy (Abe even uses some of the leftovers as a dip for some pretzels). Stay tuned for the next one!
- 1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 4 Medium Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Lentils
- 1 cup water
- Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the cajun seasoning and allow to bloom.
- Add the onion and zucchini, and cook for a minute or two - then add the garlic and tomato paste. Stir everything.
- After about 3 minutes, the vegetables should be brown and softened. Add the lentils/water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are soft and most of the water is absorbed.