One of the world’s greatest foods is swirling bacon around a hot dog and cooking it. Let’s see how we do with Vegan Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs.
TBH, I’m much less into this vegetarian version. But my husband seems to like ’em.
Lightlife sent me free coupons so I used their veggie bacon, and their jumbo veggie dogs, too. It’s not actually 100 percent vegan because I am using King’s Hawaiian Rolls, which contain milk fat. I am inspired by Dog Haus. A lot of Banana Ketchup is being consumed too.
FTC: This is not a sponsored post.
- 2-3 slices of vegetarian bacon
- 1 vegetarian hot dog
- Couple toothpicks
- Hot Dog Bun
- 2 TB Canola Oil
- Soak the toothpicks in water for a half an hour.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the hot dog in half the oil on all four sides until heated through.
- Wrap the bacon around the hot dog, securing it with the toothpicks.
- Cook again in the remaining oil until brown on all sides.