I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on frozen desserts this summer. Between Sweet Rose, Carmela, and the newly-opened Salt and Straw (<—which I’ve visited 3x in 2 days) my taste buds are a getting spoiled by high-quality ingredients, but my wallet isn’t too happy with me. Thankfully, we just got an ice cream maker – so now I can churn the good stuff at home. I’m making a Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream.
Just like my favorite part of baking – “cleaning” the residual mess.
This is basically just canned pumpkin, maple syrup, almond and coconut milk – I use Pumpkin Pie Spice to amp up the feeling of fall. You can enjoy it like soft-serve, right away…
…or spread it into an 8×8 Pyrex, cover the top with parchment paper, and store in the freezer until hard and scoopable.
This is what a front porch in the summer is for.
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (not the sweetened kind!)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all of the ingredients into a blender, then pour into an ice cream maker.
- Follow the instructions that came with your machine.