Someone help me I’ve watched Haim’s new video for “Want You Back” about 40x in a row and I have an urge to set my alarm clock for 5am and dance down Ventura whilst air drumming. I’ve been prepping for my movies and procrastinating A LOT. Other things I’ve gone down a YouTube rabbit hole watching, when I should be memorizing lines: Teen Witch’s Top That rap, how to cover mosquito bite scars on your legs, 14 episodes of Nick and Jessica on MTV’s Newlyweds, and blender muffin recipes.
This is my version – Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Muffins. I made half a dozen to make sure they weren’t a total failure, and I kind of like this manageable portion size. I also used Sucanat instead of honey or maple syrup – you could also use brown sugar if you’d like.
I love how puffy these guys get – they’re quite pretty, and tasty too. I wouldn’t recommend these for a 4th of July get together (make my Flag Cake instead, which is even easier than this) because they may taste a little too healthy for a large group. For us, though, this little batch is perfect.
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Couple Pinches Salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the raisins) in the blender and blend till smooth. I used the "Batter" setting on mine.
- Fill a muffin tin (sprayed or lined) 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in their tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.