We’re having our first sleepover in decades with my cousin Finny! Which means I need to make him a fun snack. We’ve got a lot of freeze dried fruit and oatmeal in the house, so I decide to do a spin on regular Raisin Oatmeal Cookies and make some Strawberry Oatmeal ones instead.
I don’t know why it took me forever to finally buy a cookie scoop and wire rack. Makes such a difference to have the right tools.
I didn’t eat any (because of the flour) but let’s just say the three dozen I baked were gone in less than a week. Recipe and video are below!
- 2 Sticks of Salted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Cups of Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt (use 1 Teaspoon if using Unsalted Butter)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Ounce Freeze-Dried Strawberries
- Using a hand mixer, combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Pour this flour mixture in small batches into the butter/sugar bowl. Use the hand mixer to combine.
- Fold in the rolled oats and strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture for 15-20 minutes. Now is a great time to preheat the oven to 350 degrees and clean up!
- Bake cookies in middle rack for 10-12 minutes. Let them hang out on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer with a spatula to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Video: Strawberry Oatmeal Cookie Recipe