“I love food that’s wrapped in dough, let’s just be honest.” – Daisy Eagan
In the early 90’s, Broadway was very important to me and my friends. Thus, Daisy Eagan is a huge deal. She is the youngest actress to win a Tony Award for The Secret Garden, and I was really excited to see her in HBO’S GIRLS recently, playing the film version of Lena Dunham.
We talk about prop food on The Secret Garden, her mom’s cooking, Chicken Tetrazzini dreams, the politics of food, the definition of a casserole, and what the crafts service on the set of GIRLS was like.
- Rösti Potatoes and Aggression Cookies
- Cookbooks: The Joy of Cooking, Best Recipe, The Secret Garden Cookbook (I couldn’t find the one we talked about, but I did come across this one)
- Sites: Epicurious, Food Network
- Shows: Chopped, Iron Chef
- Palm Oil and the Orangutans
- April 11th – May 6th: The Secret Garden in Seattle’s 5th Avenue Theater
- Daisy’s Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook