“Everyone gets comfortable when food isn’t fussy.” – Grace Bonney, Design Sponge
Design Sponge is one of those sites I look to – not only for inspiration in my daily life, but also as a blogger. Grace Bonney, the founder, always seems to get it right. She seems to possess an effortless access to parts of her brain that I have spent several decades searching for. (I’m still looking.) And yet, she remains completely approachable.
Grace and I talk quite a bit about dieting – we discuss her eating disorder growing up, and food as medicine with Type 1 Diabetes. She is married to the food writer and private chef Julia Turshen, so of course I am picking her brain about what goes on in their kitchen.
- Grace’s newest book, In the Company of Women.
- Sticky Beliefs – The story you tell yourself that you think is true. (Grace and I have had the same exact one re: sweets).
- High Protein/High Fiber Waffles (below), Kimchi Eggs, and Julia’s recipe for Kimchi Fried Rice.
- Food Gift Ideas: Dark Chocolate, Breakfast Gifts (Coffee, Pancake Mix).
- Restaurants: Gaskins in Germantown, NY and Num Pang inside the Chelsea Market, Manhattan.
- Grace’s website | @designsponge on social media | podcast