This is a hosted meal.
Fall is here, but it is going to be over 100 degrees out in Los Angeles today! The only thing I can even think of for breakfast (lunch and dinner) is an acai bowl. I’ve made them myself before, but they never seem to be as good as the ones I get in restaurants or juice bars. Lucky for us, Beaming Cafe is sharing their recipe to help cool us all off without leaving the house.
But hold on one second – before we get into how to make that. Did you hear about how there are now 13 Astrological Signs and not 12?!? The constellations in the sky moved and now our star signs are off course, by a month. There is an entirely new sign – Ophiuchus – which sounds like someone sneezing, or a Harry Potter spell.
New Astrological Signs Chart
- Capricorn January 20 – February 16
- Aquarius February 16 – March 11
- Pisces March 11 – April 18
- Aries April 18 – May 13
- Taurus May 13 – June 21
- Gemini June 21 – July 20
- Cancer July 20 – August 10
- Leo August 10 – September 16
- Virgo September 16 – October 30
- Libra October 30 – November 23
- Scorpio November 23 – November 29
- Ophiuchus November 29 –December 17
- Sagittarius December 17 – January 20
I always KNEW I wasn’t Capricorn – I never felt like a goat, my entire life. I am in fact, a Sagittarius. Although I just looked up some of my new sign’s character traits and read that they’re obsessed with their bodies and always going to the gym. So maybe this whole thing is B.S.
- Superfruit Granola – Rolled Oats, Pepitas, Coconut Shreds, Lucama, Mesquite Powder
- Fruit – Fresh Blueberries and Raspberries
- Bee Pollen – This comes from the hive and is high in protein. Leave off if you are vegan!
- Cacao Nibs – A low-sugar way to add a chocolate kick
- Sweetener – Drizzle on some raw honey or agave to taste
If you make this recipe, make sure to tag @livebeaming and @actorsdiet – and let us know what your new astrological sign is!
- 1 packet frozen acai (preferably organic and unsweetened)
- 3/4 – 1 cup almond, rice, coconut or hemp milk (homemade or boxed)
- Toppings: Superfood Granola, Fruit, Bee Pollen, Cacao Nibs, and Raw Honey
- Blend acai in blender until smooth – add more milk if needed or less to thicken. Pour into bowl.
- Cover the acai with a layer of Beaming Superfood Granola, followed by the fruit, bee pollen, cacao nibs, and a drizzle of raw honey.