This post contains affiliate links.
Okay I guess I can just call them Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls, Pretzel Protein Balls, or even just Energy Balls. It’s a mouthful, I know. But I feel like you should be aware of all the flavor components of these heavenly energy bites. This is our newest obsession – I make a batch every Sunday and we munch on them all week long.
There is Natural Peanut Butter, Maple Syrup (or Honey)…
…Rolled Oats, Chocolate Protein Powder (I use Bob’s Red Mill – a free sample – which is vegan)…
All of my favorite flavors, in a protein-packed ball. You can totally leave the pretzels out if you’re gluten-free, but I love the subtle, saltines they add. Learn how to make them with the recipe/video below!
FYI the last part of the mixture is very crumbly; don’t even try to pack them into a little ball. I sprinkle it on top of yogurt, adding a nice layer of texture to any parfait.
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Pretzels, blended into crumbs
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, protein powder, and rolled oats with a spatula until they form a cookie dough consistency.
- Form the dough into balls, and roll them in the pretzel crumbs.
- Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes before eating. Store in the fridge, in an air-tight container, for up to one week.
VIDEO: No Bake Energy Bites