Okay I guess I can just call them Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls, Pretzel Protein Balls, or even just Energy Balls. It’s a mouthful, I know. But I feel like you should be aware of all the flavor components of these heavenly energy bites. This is our newest obsession – I make a batch every Sunday and we munch on them all week long.
There is Natural Peanut Butter, Maple Syrup (or Honey)…
…Rolled Oats, Chocolate Protein Powder (I use Bob’s Red Mill which is vegan)…
All of my favorite flavors, in a protein-packed ball. You can totally leave the pretzels out if you’re gluten-free, but I love the subtle, saltines they add. Learn how to make them with the recipe/video below!
FYI the last part of the mixture is very crumbly; don’t even try to pack them into a little ball. I sprinkle it on top of yogurt, adding a nice layer of texture to any parfait.
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Pretzels, blended into crumbs
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, protein powder, and rolled oats with a spatula until they form a cookie dough consistency.
- Form the dough into balls, and roll them in the pretzel crumbs.
- Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes before eating. Store in the fridge, in an air-tight container, for up to one week.
VIDEO: No Bake Energy Bites