An easy Muesli Recipe for breakfast.
My morning ritual goes something like this – wake up around 6:30 or 7am, take Julius for a walk, then check emails until I realize, HEY I’m hungry. Most of the time it’s just half a melon, but on days when I want something more substantial I’ll reach for some yogurt, some fruit, and some muesli. I used to make a lot of overnight oats, but lately I’ve found that when I take the time to prep a jar, I never feel like eating it the next day. This muesli recipe is basically overnight oats except much more flavorful (thanks to toasting) – and I can do it last-minute.
I like to make a big batch on Sunday and keep it in the freezer for the week. In the morning, mix it with some yogurt and water, milk of your choice, or juice – then top with fruit. If you like it sweet, add honey/maple syrup/stevia.
- 4 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Raisins
- Honey/Maple Syrup/Stevia (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients (except for raisins) in a large bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper and pour all of the ingredients on top. Bake for 10-12 minutes until toasted and golden brown, using a spoon to mix it all up halfway through.
- Let everything cool, add in the raisins, and store in an airtight container.
- Serve with milk, yogurt, or juice and sweetener/fruit toppings of your choice.