Coffee plus Food shares their Savory Muffin Recipe with Pumpkin, Spinach, Zucchini, and Cream Cheese.
We stop by Coffee + Food on an almost-daily basis for coffee (flat whites!) and food. Their savory muffin is to die for. They recently expanded their space (you can see the old one in the Australia section of the BuzzFeed Pies Around the World Video). It still feels very much the same – cozy and comfortable.
Despite the change, they still have a lot of the same delicious food and pastries. When we stop by for our morning coffee, I’m often snapping photos to share on social media. The brownies, scones, and croissants are all good.
But the best is their Savory Muffin. I ask for their recipe, and they gave it to me – 48 muffins, enough to feed the whole coffee shop! You will want to quarter it for a more manageable batch at home.
- 11 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups neutral oil
- 2 cups cream
- 4 cups spinach
- 3 cups roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups roasted pumpkin
- 2 cups zucchini thinly sliced
- Cream Cheese, cut in cubes
- Combine everything in a mixer with a paddle. Mix for two minutes until everything comes together and there are no lumps.
- Place into large bowl. Fold in spinach, roasted tomatoes and zucchini.
- Spray muffin tins. Add one large scoop of muffin mix. Place one tablespoon of cream cheese. Add another scoop and a half of mix and another tablespoon of cream cheese. Add additional veggies one at a time on the top for a sculpture finish.
- Bake at 325 on bottom oven or 300 on top oven for 20 minutes until light golden brown.