Re-watching Felicity with Keri Russell – here’s the food from the show you’ll want to eat while binge watching it.
If you follow me on Snapchat (username @mslynnchen), you know I’ve spent the last few weeks (intensely) binge-watching all 4 Seasons of Felicity. 83 episodes. I actually felt depressed when it was all over.
If I could go back to the cafe today, I’d stock up on muffins/croissants. Here’s a grocery list in case you feel like watching too.
- Little Pieces of Round Candy – I’m not sure if they were Skittles, M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, or Runts, but Elena had a study technique that had me craving sweets.
- Beets – The main ingredient in Megan’s “Smart Powder.” They made Noel act silly.
- Pizza – Typical freshman dorm food.
- Mallomars – Part of Felicity’s care package from Todd Mulcahy, the guy who got hit by a bus. (Oh, did you forget about him? I had, too.)
- Thanksgiving Food – Why didn’t anyone ever go home to their families on the fourth Thursday of November? Like, ever?
- Mochas + Cappuccinos – Back in the day, nobody was ordering Flat Whites or Macchiatos from Dean and Deluca.
- Smoothaise – Sean’s condiment craze. I’m dying for the recipe.
- Cereal – Sean’s Milk-less Lact-O’s, specifically.
- Bagel with Peanut Butter – Ben likes it this way, Noel does not. I am, as usual, Team Ben.
- Ice Cream – Felicity ate her emotions a lot. Celebrations with ice cream. Ice Cream breakups. And of course, the part I remember the most was the use of the Sarah McLachlan song on the rooftop with Ben. Hulu (which I have so many problems with it deserves its own blog post) has robbed future generations from experiencing the joy of that scene by using other background music – I guess they couldn’t get the rights to it.
P.S. Drinking Game – every time someone on the show says, “Hey, can I talk to you for a second?”
P.P.S. It was fun to see my friend Keiko Agena in several episodes – and yay for her Gilmore Girls reunion!