Curry Squash Soup with Sorghum and Lentils – a perfect vegetarian recipe for the holidays using your slow cooker or crockpot.
Now is the time of year when my slow cooker becomes my best friend. “Soup,” she whispers in my ear. “Curry Squash Soup,” I think.
Coconut Milk too, which makes everything taste better because it’s so rich and creamy.
I’ll admit the color is not the most stunning but I assure you, it tastes like comfort, in a bowl. I eat it constantly, for lunch, dinner, snack…sometimes even for breakfast! Who couldn’t use this as a standby during the holidays – as a break between all the heavy, rich meals that seem to come up constantly. I use it to press the reset button – but to still feel like I’m having something that will stick to my ribs.
- 1 Small-Medium Delicata Squash, cut into pieces
- 7 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Lentils
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Sorghum
- Combine all the ingredients into a crockpot. Cook on high 4-5 hours.