Lily Diamond is also known as Kale and Caramel. In the last year, we’ve become fast friends, and I’m always in awe of her. She really knows what’s up when it comes to natural beauty. I think you’ll all be rushing out to buy some honey after listening to this episode – the woman washes her face with it!
Lily is from Hawaii, and she is definitely the person to go to when you go there for a visit. And yet, as of this interview, the woman has eaten very few “Hawaiian foods!”
- This Caramel Bacon from Project Breakfast LA – where we met!
- Growing up in Hawaii, switching away from a vegan diet, and her food journey after her mother’s death.
- Her beauty recipes, hydrosols.
- This article in the Washington Post and Great Grains Love for Bob’s Red Mill.
- College life: Dramaturgy/Experimental Theater, CousCous Concoctions, and how Alice Waters changed the food game at Yale.
- This Vegan Gingersnap Chocolate Cream Pie – which is insanity – we ate it in parfait form (below). It’s heaven.
Listen to our interview here, on iTunes/Stitcher. Follow Lily on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter! If you like what you hear, please leave a review and subscribe – there’s a mini episode now where I announce a secret giveaway! Theme music by Goh Nakamura.