Rice and Lentil Bowl with Mint Pesto Yogurt, plus a Giveaway!
Between LA Food & Wine + The Taste, it’s been a while since I’ve cooked, eh? Thanks to the folks at Stonyfield and Bob’s Red Mill, I have an excuse to get back in the kitchen with these free samples. I’m making Rice and Lentil Bowls with Mint Pesto Yogurt.
You know this is still going to be easy, though. This is me we’re talking about.
Lentils (made in the rice cooker) and leftover Sushi Rice…
…with a mint pesto yogurt sauce.
…basically been eating out of this bowl for 3 days.
It gets dry sitting in the fridge, so some extra Greek Yogurt (seasoned with lemon juice/Maldon Sea Salt) helps things out…
…I also add some veggies for extra greens.
If you want to win some too, just enter here.
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- 1 Cup Red Lentils
- 1 Cup Organic Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Large Handful Fresh Mint
- 1/4 Cup Raw Pinenuts
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Zest/Juice Small Lemon
- Cook the lentils to package instructions, or use a rice cooker.
- Add the cooked lentils to the cooked rice, combine and season with salt/pepper.
- Make a pesto by combining the mint, nuts, garlic, EVOO, and lemon zest/juice in a food processor/blender. Stir in 1/2 the yogurt.
- Mix the rice/lentils with the pesto.
- Season the remaining 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt and dollop on top.