A simple peach oatmeal recipe – peaches and no cream.
Stone fruit is soooooo sweeeeeet right now. I add this juicy sucker to a big bowl of oats to make peach oatmeal.
I veer from my basic oatmeal recipe this time. Fattening it up with double the liquid (almond milk and water), and sweetening it with Maple Syrup. Plus, I’m making it on the stovetop, even though it’s so freaking hot out and I don’t want to go near the flame.
Summertime simplicity. It keeps me full for like, ever. I don’t normally eat hot oats in July, but this is just perfect right now.
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup, or to taste
- 4 Sliced Peaches
- Heat the milk and water in a medium saucepan until it begins to simmer.
- Add the oatmeal, salt, and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes until thick, stirring every once in a while.
- Pour into 4 bowls and serve with Maple Syrup on top and Peaches.