My Trip to Taiwan, courtesy of The Taiwan Tourism Bureau.
…I hoped – but never really imagined it would come true! Abe and I had been planning our own Thanksgiving visit to Taiwan when I got the invite – completely out of the blue – for this trip.
I’m so glad we wound up going in the summer; even though it was hot and humid (we had good luck with weather and mosquitos!) it reminded me of everything from my childhood, going with my parents and my brother to visit our family.
I felt my Dad’s presence everywhere – from the ubiquitous mopeds…
…to the street art…
…even the random things that brought a smile to my face…
…including this box of cigarettes. Even though he didn’t smoke.
The last time I was in Taiwan, 21 years ago, all I cared about food-wise was this…
…now that I’m an adult, I can finally appreciate the food of my homeland.
Recap of my Taiwan Trip
- Foot Massage, Boba Tea, and Wein Restaurant in Taichung City
- Fo Guang Shan, Hi Lai Vegetarian Restaurant, and my first Atemoya
- 85 Sky Tower, Pier 2 Art Center, and Pasadena Restaurant in Kaohsuing
- Donglong Temple, Sunrise Seafood, and Dapeng Bay
- Taroko National Park and an Aboriginal Lunch/Dinner
- National Center for Traditional Arts, Kavalan Whiskey Distillery, Link Restaurant, Ziqiang Night Market
- Taiwan Culinary Exhibition, Taipei 101 Building, Din Tai Fung, Formosa Pearl
Visit the hashtags #LynninTaiwan #ItsonTaiwan for photos on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Thank you so much to Taiwan Tourism Board for sponsoring this trip!