For the month of May, my favorite makeup and beauty selections will be featured at Beauty Collection Stores.
Uh…that’s me! I’m Beauty Collection’s May Beauty Curator! That means, for the rest of this month, you can see my product picks at any of their stores. They have locations in WeHo, Malibu, Calabasas, Newport Beach…
…and online. Here’s a few of my favorite beauty products.
- Dermalogica Precleanse – I put on a heavy face most of the week, especially when I’m shooting. Precleanse ensures that I remove a good layer of the makeup, especially when I’m dog tired and don’t want to over-rub my skin/eyes.
- Tancho High-Grade Tique – Tancho is the ONLY product that will keep my flyaways/cowlicks at bay when I’m on camera. Introduced to me by a Japanese makeup artist, she told me her grandfather used to use it to slick back his hair. If it’s good enough for him, it’s good enough for me!
- Bumble and bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil – I am constantly having my hair curled, flat ironed, and blow-dried so this ensures an extra layer of protection from heat styling. It also comes in handy during the winter, when my hair is extra parched.
- Tweezerman Studio Collection Slant Tweezer – A must-have when I started grooming my eyebrows/pulling out my upper lip hair in college. I’ve actually had the same few pairs since then, rotating between sharpenings (Tweezerman will do it for free!). It’s the only brand that grabs each little strand of hair, including ingrown ones, effortlessly.
- jane iredale In Touch Highlighter – This highlighter gives a fresh, dewy look to my cheeks – plus it doubles as a lip color. In the spring/summer I like to carry smaller purses, so the fewer products I carry in there, the better.