I’d like to buy the World a Coke Banana Bread – the secret is in that red can.
We have a few cans of Regular Coca-Cola in the fridge from a BuzzFeed shoot. I still have residual eating disorder issues re: drinking calories (I can’t even suck down a smoothie without doing deep breathing exercises). But I’m totally fine eating them. That’s why I whipped up two recipes – Coke Banana Bread.
…which (WARNING!!!) rises a lot and caused quite a mess in one of the loaves. But boy oh boy, it makes some stellar Banana Bread. It’s moist and flavorful – and honestly, you do not taste any Coca-Cola whatsoever.
Coke or Pepsi?
- 6 bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1?2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1?2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1?2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1?4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Coke
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray two loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla together in one bowl. Add the mashed banana.
- Combine the rest of the dry ingredients and mix into the wet. Add the cup of Coke and mix until it's smooth.
- Pour into two loaf pans and bake in the oven (on a baking sheet in case they overflow) for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure it's done.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan to cool on a wire rack.