Keep it Sweet’s One Pot Blondie Recipe is my usual go-to, but I thought I’d switch it up and make Peanut and Jam Blondies!
Also, I could never get my jam (<—cheap-o Blueberry; not from Sqirl, like the one Joy used in her recipe) to do the swirly dance. So what you see is 4 Tablespoons, spread evenly with an offset spatula.
It is a happy mashup because these bars…
…are seriously the jam. Also, rather nuts. I don’t know if you’re a crunchy peanut butter person like me, but this is like eating a PB&J sandwich with the most delicious sandwich bread and the most nutty texture ever. I love it so much, and so does everyone else who eats it. This is one of those desserts that seems just so obvious – and yet, when is the last time you have seen a blondie with jam and peanuts on top?
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 Tablespoons Jam
- 2 cups Salted, Roasted Peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a microwave for 30 seconds in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking powder to the melted mixture.
- Stir in flour until combined and be careful not to over mix! Pour the mixture into a foil lined/greased 8x8 pan.
- Spread the top with jam. Top with the peanuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting into squares.