What’s New Pussycat

April 10, 2014

in life, salads, vegan

Abe and I are not doing too well lately. Along with his cast, he has a horrible cold, and I caught a flu. Oh yeah, I also cut off the tip of my finger…

1397140969.940208.IMG_3336

…chopping sundried tomatoes for this dinner.

DSCN1840

I’m seeing a new shrink, and she ordered me to treat myself out for dinner with my husband. We went to Cafe Gratitude, and I have to say it was the first time (probably ever) that I was feeling completely at peace there. Maybe because I’m appreciative for a place where the server looks at you with compassionate eyes, maybe because I’m starting yoga classes again (Liberation currently has a Groupon deal)?

DSCN1850

I even pondered the question of the day – “What Strengthens You?” – over this salad.

DSCN1857

Abe mellowed out over their Seasonal Grain Bowl, as well.

DSCN1845

So even though we’re falling apart physically, mentally we are trucking by. Happy to have made two top 10 lists – and one where I’m at the #1 spot!

1 Tamara April 10, 2014 at 8:39 am

Oh no!! Sending lots of healing vibes to you two. Those bowls look so tasty. I’m glad you’re taking care of yourself with a nice meal out and some yoga. <3

2 allie@sweetpotatobites April 10, 2014 at 8:45 am

I need to try Cafe Gratitude one of these days! And when I lived in LA I used to go to Liberation Yoga all the time – loved the studio, loved the people. Good classes there.

3 Chris St. Nyegaard April 10, 2014 at 8:47 am

Take care of that finger :-). Hope you guys get well soon!

4 Lauren at Keep It Sweet April 10, 2014 at 9:56 am

I hope you are both feeling better soon! Thinking of you and sending you a big hug:-)

5 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet April 10, 2014 at 10:33 am

Thanks, Lauren! Hope you’re well.

6 Courtney of Savor Good April 10, 2014 at 11:26 am

Congrats on #1! Hooray for complete peace and hope you and Abe will feel good as new soon.

7 Diana April 11, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the finger! I’ve definitely been there and done that! :-/ Glad that CG cheered you up some! You Are Awesome, friend! :)

8 Marla April 13, 2014 at 8:32 am

Sorry about your finger. I’m always afraid of doing something like that so I take a long time to cut stuff up. I wanted to write a friendly message since you seem a bit vulnerable today. I am diagnosed with what’s considered a serious mental illness, and have not been casual or friendly about talking about it. I’ve been more angry for feeling like I have to hide it and so many other things. I’m coming around to being okay with it all. Everything’s gonna be alright… Congrats on your blog success.