How to Make a Gluten-Free, Vegetarian White Cauliflower Pizza.
I’m getting inspired at the Larchmont Farmers Market! One of the things I’m buying is cauliflower. My original intention is to just roast it whole, but then realize I need to use up some egg whites before they expire. A quick google search of “cauliflower + egg whites” leads to many recipes featuring Gluten-Free “Cauliflower Pizza.” I combine a number of them to make this one.
First, blend/process the Medium-Sized Cauliflower Head (several batches) to make “rice.” Nuke it in the microwave for 8 minutes, uncovered.
Then, drain 12 ounces of marinated mozzarella (save the oil!).
Add that to the Cauliflower Mixture, along with 1/2 a cup of egg whites, and a teaspoon of Dried Basil. Microwave another 2 minutes, so everything gets all melty…
…then press into a greased 9×13 pan.
Bake at 450 for 30-35 minutes, until a nice crust forms.
Finally, slice and eat!
Despite the crust that forms, this isn’t exactly crispy. Very soft and chewy, from the cheese.
Overall we gave it a thumbs up, but I think it will be even better with tomato sauce? Maybe you can serve it on the side for dipping!
- Medium-Sized Cauliflower Head
- 12 ounces of marinated mozzarella, drained
- 1/2 a cup of egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Basil
- First, blend/process the Medium-Sized Cauliflower Head (in several batches) to make "rice." Microwave for 8 minutes, uncovered.
- Cut up the marinated mozzarella and add that to the Cauliflower Mixture, along with egg whites and seasoning. Microwave another 2 minutes, so everything gets all melted.
- Press into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 450 for 30-35 minutes, until a nice crust forms.
- Cut into slices and serve with tomato sauce, if desired.