The Model’s Diet

November 23, 2013

in snacks

I’ve got a photo shoot today. Since I was five I’ve been paid to sing, dance, announce, narrate, and act. But this is my first time as a professional poser.

268915_10150381656073902_4249011_n.jpg

As you can see, when I was a teenager I had very high aspirations to model. I blame Cindy Crawford.

IMG_1300

No jokes about models and their food! Models are people, too.

IMG_1308

Last night I had bowls of strawberries, grapes, and popcorn (while watching Melancholia)…

IMG_1304

…plus a little Fried Chicken encased in chocolate.

IMG_1302

Did you know MTV has released its entire House of Style digital archive??? I’ll never forget Bjork’s blanket dress, or Todd Oldham making a shirt with beets (<—pretty sure that’s how I found out they didn’t just come from a can).

1 April November 23, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I love House of Style! I remember Todd making potato prints on pillow cases and that was where I learned that when looking at fashion on a runway, look at the individual pieces as well as the over all look. It was the essence of 90’s fashion.

2 mandy November 23, 2013 at 5:51 pm

What did you think of Melancholia? I watched it in the middle of the night when I was sick. I thought I’d watch five minutes and get bored, instead I was riveted and by the end was bawling. I still think about it all the time and want to watch it with my husband but fear the “magic” will be gone. Curious what you thought!

3 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet November 23, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Only up to part 2 but I’m into it!

4 Gillian November 24, 2013 at 1:24 am

Hold up, fried chicken covered in chocolate? Details please. Dreamy.

5 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet November 24, 2013 at 9:04 am

You can order them on the CoolHaus site! http://eatcoolhaus.com/store

6 Florence (@SquigglemeFloey) November 26, 2013 at 3:21 pm

you kinda look like an asian cindy crawford in that pic :P