Potatoes My Sweet

November 19, 2013

in breakfast, salads

Move over, melons. Here’s my newest obsession…

DSCN6971

…sweet potatoes! Bought a bag from Trader Joe’s yesterday and can’t stop eating them.

DSCN6969

One for breakfast this morning, topped with cottage cheese…

DSCN6981

…and another in a salad (identical to Monday’s).

DSCN6947

DSCN6967

DSCN6958

1 Sanna November 19, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Do you bake, or use the microwave to cook the sweet potatoes?

(I’m currently obsessed, as well. I *ALSO* bought the trader joe’s bag of sweet potatoes. I’m really into using the crock pot to cool them. Slower… but SOO tasty and worth it!)

2 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet November 19, 2013 at 6:40 pm

These were microwaved but I’m gonna roast the rest!!!

3 Cortney November 19, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I second the crockpot method. My 2 year old and I fly through them, so I just stack a bunch in the crock pot and then reheat them when I need. Hardly any mess and I don’t have to keep an eye on them!

4 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet November 19, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Great idea! Will try!

5 allie@sweetpotatobites November 19, 2013 at 3:42 pm

sweet potatoes are the best! I also love topping them with trader joe’s baked beans or almond butter.

6 Jen Gregory November 19, 2013 at 3:55 pm

The first picture in this post is the prettiest picture of a sweet potato I think I’ve ever seen. (I, too, love me a sweet sweet potato.)

7 Emily November 19, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Ahhh…I’m drooling over that first picture and I have no idea why! It looks amazing. I know what I’m making for dinner…

8 miriam November 20, 2013 at 9:10 am

Currently, my “melon” is persimmons – I’ve been trying to limit myself to one per day, but this was the first year in my life that I’ve ever had them and now…I can’t stop!

9 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet November 20, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Joy the Baker just posted a persimmon grilled cheese recipe! http://joythebaker.com/2013/11/persimmon-prosciutto-and-brie-grilled-cheese/

10 Cindy November 21, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I roast them in the toaster over. Peel comes right off. Sometimes I eat them straight up, and others I will season, and/or make mash potatoes (i.e. cream, butter, cheese).