Cookbooks and Popcorn

July 16, 2013

in books, fruit, snacks

Help!

DSCN7649

I’m looking for tried-and-true recipes. Ones that feed a huge crew, and aren’t too complicated. Been consulting books over breakfast, from the classics

DSCN7660

…to new ones introduced to me by family and friends.

DSCN7656

Also been watching cooking shows for inspiration – like the latest episode of The Pioneer Woman.

DSCN7662

(Julius was NOT impressed.)

DSCN7668

He took it easy after our walk, as I refilled on grapes and cherries…

DSCN7682

…then packed some American Farmer Popcorn to go.

DSCN7497

I think you can figure out why I bought this bag! It’s really good, too.

DSCN7500

Met up to record a chat with my friend Phil – I’ve been on his podcast before, but am excited to have him on mine. Honored to be his next interview after he appeared on CNN this morning!

1 Leslie Durso July 16, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Lynn, are you looking for breakfast, lunch, appetizers, or dinner? I’ve got plenty!

2 Cindy July 16, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I’m emailing you something right now. We can lots of other directions if you have something in mind. Just let me know.

3 Cindy July 16, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Don’t freak at what I sent you. I really is a throw it all in the pan and go.

You can always do a baked pasta dish. Cook the pasta, then layer it with sauce in a baking dish, top with cheese and bake on 350 until the cheese browns. You can add veggies/meat as you like or not. Tasty and easy.

4 allie@sweetpotatobites July 16, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I second the baked pasta dish – always an easy recipe and usually a crowd pleaser!

I also love Joy the Baker’s french onion soup sandwiches – so good. http://joythebaker.com/2012/05/french-onion-soup-sandwiches/

5 Emily July 16, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Oooh…you should try Elise’s (hungry hungry hippie) baked spaghetti! She just posted about it again the other day and it sounds so unique.
Pair it with a salad and garlic bread and you’ve got a simple, delicious meal!

6 Jacky July 17, 2013 at 6:42 am

Try this one pan pasta, it is as easy as they say. And delicious too!

7 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet July 17, 2013 at 7:57 am

Oooh! I saw this a while back and forgot to pin it. PINNED.

8 kel c July 18, 2013 at 5:04 am

hahah i have that cookbook