Podcast interview with my friend, actress Eboni Booth – plus a coffee cake recipe!
The Actor’s Diet Podcast #2 is up – and it’s a familiar face – actor, writer, and amazing cookie baker, Eboni Booth.
Eboni has been appearing on the blog a lot lately. Sadly, after we record this episode we have our last meal together. It is at Chipotle – which, ironically, gets mentioned in the interview. So glad I had the opportunity to sit down with her before she left for NYC so you could all hear what a cool cat she is.
As always, you can download the episode at iTunes – where it would be super helpful if you could subscribe/rate/write a review.
Here’s the Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe we discussed!
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Batter: Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Add flour, baking powder, vanilla. Add sour cream with baking soda.
- Filling: Mix together brown sugar, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Alternate the filling with the batter in pan.
- Take a knife and swirl when it is all layered.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.