Julius really wasn’t impressed when I told him I was finally going to make BBQ Jackfruit at home, in a slow cooker/crockpot. I can see why – the recipe is foolproof.
Take 2 cans of Jackfruit in water (found at the Thai market) and rinse/drain them well…
Combine with a jar of prepared BBQ sauce – this is Bibigo, which equals roughly 2 cups.
After 3 hours in the Crockpot on high (plus 2 on low – probably not necessary – only because I was around) use two forks to shred it into “pork.”
Look who’s impressed now!
- 2 cans Jackfruit in Water
- 2 cups prepared BBQ Sauce
- Rinse/Drain 2 cans of Jackfruit and press them dry, the same way you would press tofu.
- Once dry, combine with BBQ sauce - this is Bibigo, which equals roughly 2 cups.
- Set Crockpot to 4 hours on high until tender.
- Use two forks to shred the jackfruit into "pork."