Thought for Food

May 13, 2013

in TV shows

I love thinking about food. Even as I sit here eating my daily melon I’m contemplating food nicknames a la Tom Haverford

…and inventing twisted recipes in my brain. A few months ago, while eating a burger and fries, I wondered why Deep Fried Hamburgers weren’t a “thing.”

DSCN8055

It turns out they already are – but only in Memphis?

DSCN8057

I’d call these “Burglars.” They’d steal my day away into a major food coma.

1 Cindy May 13, 2013 at 12:50 pm

One year, you should plan a trip to the Texas State Fair, where they deep fry just about everything. Things really are bigger in Texas. Surely there is a way to make such a trip tax deductible.

2 Kelly May 13, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Hey Lynn!
I’m a Parks & Recs and Amy Poehler-anything fan but that was the first time I saw the Tom ‘zerts’ clip!! Thanks for sharing. Your story sounds so much like mine – re: trying everything to lose weight. Even 10 or 15 years ago when the internet and blogging wasn’t around being preoccupied by food was such an isolating experience. I lost weight through trial and error and it wasn’t until about a decade later that I realized what I did that worked! I’m sharing it on my blog called ‘It took me 10 years to lose 10 pounds’: http://www.the10principles.com
Thanks so much for sharing your story!
Kelly

3 April May 13, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I love thinking about it as well! I am currently planning a road trip from SC to Oregon and I have all my food stops planned already which I am not sure if it is sad or awesome. Any places in LA that I absolutely have to eat at? I have been following your blog especially close lately for must-see places.

4 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet May 13, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Here’s a full list of restaurants I’ve been to – with *’s next to my faves! http://theactorsdiet.com/food/l-a-area-eats-2/l-a-area-eats/

5 April May 13, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Oh, thank you! I must have missed that on your page. I think Umami Burger is going to be a definite stop!

6 Monet May 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Smile. Ryan and I love Parks and Rec. This reminds me we need to catch up! And deep fried burgers? I don’t think my pregnant stomach could handle it. Too much heartburn!

7 Sues May 13, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Oh man. I’m not sure I could handle that, but I’d sure like to try!! :)

8 Rahasia Cantik May 13, 2013 at 10:25 pm