Kings Road Cafe

April 15, 2013

in bakeries/cafes/dessert places

When we first moved to LA, Abe and I often ate at Kings Road Cafe – it was a perfect spot for NYC transplants, because the outdoor area is often packed.

photo.JPG

Haven’t been back in almost seven years until I met up with Sarah this afternoon – we sat indoors, where it was a lot quieter (but a possible celeb sighting got me very excited!)

DSCN9700

I ordered one of their muffins – apple cinnamon, toasted.

DSCN9710

No butter (but I dig the name of this farm).

DSCN9707

These pix (and the other honeydew half I’m about to eat) are definitely not worthy of Tastespotting (Sarah’s groundbreaking site) – check it out for foodie inspiration.

DSCN9714

Right after we parted ways, I heard the news about the Boston Marathon. My heart goes out to everyone there.

Kings Road Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 Moni Meals & Fitness April 15, 2013 at 5:05 pm

No way! Kings Road is one of our favorites! I use to live over in Beverly Hills and would go all the time and bring our doggies too. Now living on the West Side, I do not go very much. My husband on the other hand…well, he will fight 1 hour traffic for the coffee especially for a mocha! (they really are the best over there!) I agree with you…yum on the muffins!

Thanks for reminding me how much I like it there. :)

and…Boston, yes… is just so upsetting. ;(

2 Emily April 15, 2013 at 7:04 pm

LOVE King’s Road! I was so bummed when the Studio City location closed a few months ago. ):

3 Sarah April 15, 2013 at 7:13 pm

next time… sqirl! :)

4 Sabrina @ Living, Learning, Eating April 16, 2013 at 4:32 am

Luckily, everyone that I know that went into Boston yesterday to watch/run is fine. But it’s just so awful, I can’t believe that people do these things to each other! :(

On a more positive note, TasteSpotting sounds like a cool idea.

5 Maha Khan April 18, 2013 at 9:24 am

Very Sad about Boston and other places where innocents continue to suffer. I’ve never tasted this muffin. hmmmm I can go muffin hunting in England now

6 she April 27, 2013 at 7:16 am

You’re friend with Sarah Gim?!
If she ever casually mentions she is looking for a new, fabulous, local employee….I’m your girl!

7 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet April 27, 2013 at 7:28 am