Your Body is a WonderCon

March 30, 2013

in body image/beauty, Conference, eating disorders

WonderCon was described to me as “Comic-Con Light.” Don’t know if I could handle the real deal – this was already pretty intense!

DSCN7919

Everywhere you look, a photo opportunity…

DSCN7915

…I stopped the first set of Stormtroopers that walked by. Abe told me this was silly…

DSCN7875

…he was right. They’re like seeing pigeons in NYC.

DSCN7889

More exciting to witness Wall-E

DSCN7891

…and the new Wii U!

DSCN7899

Didn’t get a chance to actually play – the lines were a bit long. Surprisingly, the one to meet Lou Ferrigno wasn’t?!?

DSCN7901

Here he is, on a glass…

DSCN7905

…so much awesome, geek-y merchandise!!!

DSCN7908

DSCN7887

I didn’t have time to buy any, or stand on line to say hi to my twitter friend Gene Yang

DSCN7880

…it was time for the All Shapes and Sizes Welcome Panel!

IMG_7457

The hour flew by – a wonderful discussion about body image and entertainment. Such an inspiring group of women that Leah assembled…

BGoqVA3CYAAxhPf

Adrianne, Helenna, Amber, and Miracle!

IMG_7462

After Batgirl took our picture, I had to snap one with her (and Robin) as well.

IMG_7463

Be back later with the day’s eats!

IMG_7452

1 Lisa March 30, 2013 at 9:14 pm

What an amazing event! I would have stayed in there for ages! :P

2 Lez March 31, 2013 at 9:36 am

Oh I’m so glad you had a great time at the event, Lynn! :) I wish I could go to one of these things, but I can always cross my fingers and hope to go one of these days. :D

3 Em March 31, 2013 at 10:39 am

Looks like so much fun! I went to Comic Con with my husband recently, and I think I could have people watched for hours. Congrats on all the really cool things you’re doing!

4 Amy H March 31, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I really wanted to go to your body image panel, but couldn’t find it on the program. I guess I didn’t look hard enough. I found it later but it was already 45 minutes into it and the room was full to capacity. Is there a recap somewhere? I would love to hear what you guys talked about. Btw, I love your blog.

5 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet March 31, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Thanks Amy! I think someone may have recorded it but I’m not sure??? At any rate sorry you missed it!

6 Trevor Sis. Boom. March 31, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Ohmigosh you lead the life!

7 Jason April 1, 2013 at 1:03 am

Hi Lynn,

It was so nice to see you, I’m glad that everyone on the panel gave a unique perspective. I’ll go ahead and be anticlimactic by revealing myself as Robin in your photo!

I plan to check out your stuff in the next few days. My blog related to fitness is Jason Tagle Fitness (The Lean Lifestyle). http://jasetagle.wordpress.com/

I admittedly don’t post in it as much anymore, but anyone can find some good info in the archives; my specialty is probably “myth-busting”.

Jason

8 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet April 1, 2013 at 7:57 am

Thanks for revealing yourself Robin!!!

9 Cindy April 6, 2013 at 5:47 am

In light of your pic, I thought I would show you my most recent tshirt purchase.

10 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet April 6, 2013 at 5:57 am