Nice Girls Crew Too

March 17, 2013

in acting, appetizers, party

DSCN6693

A lovely pre-screening reception at Daffodil before the Nice Girls Crew Season 2 Premiere…

DSCN6690

…I ate everything in the spread, except the fruit!

DSCN6697

Lots of Bruschetta, Portobello Mushrooms, Crab Cakes…

DSCN6698

…Grilled Veggies, Dips Galore, Chicken/Veggie Skewers.

DSCN6702

Was full (but not stuffed) after four platefuls.

DSCN6708

Cast/crew headed over to the Sundance Kabuki to watch the show. Fun to finally see what we worked on plus meet some fans/supporters…

IMG_0014

…including Jackie with the awesome nails!!!

DSCN6707

Someone brought Michelle red velvet cupcakes; I split it with Abe

DSCN6714

…then followed that with a sweet treat at Moyo’s with Emily.

DSCN6717

Base of fruit – lychee, kiwi, berries, mandarin oranges…

DSCN6722

…topped with Taro Fro Yo.

DSCN6724

We wound up going out for drinks at The Tonga Room afterwards – everyone else got fancy drinks but I stuck to a Diet Coke.

DSCN6734.JPG

Daffodil on Urbanspoon MoYo's Froyo on Urbanspoon

1 Shell Lewis March 17, 2013 at 7:48 am

First of all congrats on NGC2 love the photo! Huge fan and supporter…love you 3 ladies independently but really enjoy the chemistry of you three on the series! I wanted to go so badly but…work :(. Too bad they don’t have a Moyo’s in LA I usually go to Menchies for frozen yogurt and get the same thing. This is why I love your blog and the photos you share because its been helping me break out of my comfort zone a bit and experiment with new foods! Plus I enjoy the personal side as well and restaurant reviews! Thanks and can’t wait to see NGC2! I know it will be fantastic

2 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet March 17, 2013 at 7:58 am

Thank YOU for all your love and support! I can’t believe I still haven’t tried Menchie’s yet. I’m such a froyo freak.

3 Shell Lewis March 17, 2013 at 8:21 am

Yes definitely try Menchies! Look forward to your review!

4 Goreti Tada March 17, 2013 at 1:03 pm

It’s so weird to see pics of Japan town. My husbands grandma lives right up the street. Every time we drive up ( from LA) we always visit that mall. Too bad we aren’t up there right now. New People across the street from the mall has awesome VEGAN donuts.
I also love your pics and blog. You keep things real.
P.S. I’m jealous that you are in my favorite city…LOL

5 Heidi L March 17, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Hi Lynn, thanks for your time and taking a pic with us (Joellene and I, the one in this blog entry)! The crowds caved in on you all so quickly I didn’t get the chance to tell you how much I appreciate your blog, not only because I love food too, but because you’ve shown us all the complexities surrounding it: food as our greatest pleasure, as a coping mechanism, or as our greatest demon when it comes to body image. That being said, I’m looking forward to your future projects and your next foodie experience. Hope your short Bay Area experience was fun!

6 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet March 17, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Thank you, Heidi – so happy to meet you both!

7 Mandi March 18, 2013 at 12:03 am

Hi Lynn! I was the one with the white/yellow “raise your hand if you’re a nice girl” shirt :) One of my bucket list was to meet you in person and I am glad I got to cross that off last night! I wish I was able to talk to you more but I was so nervous and starstruck I couldn’t speak. I wanted to tell you how much I love your blog and food pictures! I really enjoyed Nice Girls Crew 2; it was pretty hilarious. Can’t wait until the next time you visit the Bay Area!

8 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet March 18, 2013 at 8:33 am

So lovely to meet you in person Mandi!

9 Jessica March 19, 2013 at 12:08 am

Hi Lynn, I’ve been a fan and longtime reader ever since I saw “Saving Face” and discovered your blog. Will you be attending this Friday’s screening of Nice Girls Crew 2 in San Francisco at the New People theater as well? Hopefully you will be there – it would be such an honor to meet you!

10 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet March 19, 2013 at 7:39 am

Hey Jessica! Sadly I won’t be but I hope you enjoy the screening!