Fosters Freeze

March 5, 2013

in dessert

I grew up in the land of Dairy Queen. But after some racist treatment at a Florida location in 1998, Blizzards left a bad taste in my mouth.

DSCN5614

Thank goodness California has Fosters Freeze.

IMG_7074

DSCN5620

Here, they’re called Twisters

DSCN5616

…and come in about a million different flavors.

IMG_7076

DSCN5619

I had a Junior Size – Butterfinger – and it was perfection.

DSCN5621

Traded bites with Melanie’s Mint Oreo, also wonderful.

DSCN5624

Kept me full til pretty late – I wound up just eating some melon + miso before bed.

DSCN5626

Thank you for bringing soft serve + candy back into my life, Fosters!

IMG_7079

Fosters Freeze on Urbanspoon

1 allie@sweetpotatobites March 5, 2013 at 8:39 am

aww i love fosters freeze! i definitely grew up going to them getting a vanilla dipped cone (in chocolate of course).

2 Lez March 5, 2013 at 8:45 am

Loooove Soft Serve! :) I grew up eating soft serve ice cream at Jersey Freeze located in Freehold, NJ! Always loved rainbow sprinkles on vanilla. :) Mmmmm!

3 Cindy March 5, 2013 at 8:45 am

Did I understand that to be a personal experience in 1998? Assholes can sure ruin wonderful things.

I live a mile from the only Dairy Queen on this side of town and am well past being recognized as a regular.

4 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet March 5, 2013 at 3:30 pm

yes. they weren’t very nice to me. at all.

5 Molly March 6, 2013 at 7:58 pm

when i used to go to DQ as a kid i would always get the butterfinger blizzard! they are definitely my favorite! (hate that you experienced racist treatment at one though! people can be so small minded.. it’s pathetic.)

6 Fredric Delmais March 12, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Sorry about the bad treatment at Florida DQ. Hope you reported the incident since that’s the way to put a stop to bad behavior. Believe all DQ’s are franchised and bad behavior could be a violation of franchise agreement. Growing up in a small town in NJ the only DQ was the social center esp in summer. Melanie is cute. Is she single (asking for a friend)? Told friend I hear she may be trouble!

7 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet March 13, 2013 at 8:05 am

Yes I reported it back then. The president of DQ apologized and gave me a coupon for a free kiddie meal. Not really a consolation.