Sophie’s S’mores

November 12, 2012

in baking, dessert, recipe

It’s “Sophie’s” last day!

I made my S’mores Brownies for the crew of Nice Girls 2

…just double the recipe and bake for about 75 minutes.

It’s difficult to tell when brownies are done – unlike cakes you want them to be chewy and moist, so the toothpick test doesn’t work. I waited until the top looked done…

…then covered the cracks with an ENTIRE BAG of mini marshmallows.

Keep an eye on them while they broil! I fudged up the first batch and had to retry.

They turned out great though! A really easy option if you find yourself pressed for time and needing to feed a very hungry crew.

I had a huge one for breakfast!

Episode 3 of Nice Girls Crew season 1 is online now!

1 Kate November 12, 2012 at 12:43 pm

That looks really good and I’m loving Nice Girls Crew! Your blog has really been helping me, I’ve had my own issues with food for a long time, and lately I have been feeling like I have been eating too much or too late or not enough good stuff and this morning I had some sprouted grain toast, fruit and a smooth and about 7 mini oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for breakfast… and then I remembered your blog and I thought “no, not beating myself up, I’m just going to have a healthy rest of my day and that’s that” :))

2 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet November 12, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Just listen to your body, don’t judge yourself or how it looks and you will be golden!!!

3 Megan November 12, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Did you crumble graham crackers on top if the marshmallows?

4 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet November 12, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Yes! Click on the link for the recipe step by step!

5 lee November 12, 2012 at 2:24 pm

hi lynn! is there any sort of secret for slicing into these yummy brownies? i made a batch once but could not cut through the sticky marshmallow topping! it was so messy! maybe it’s because i didn’t use mini marshmallows?

6 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet November 12, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Hmmm. Mini marshmallows are what I use and a plastic knife.

7 Let Me Eat Cake November 12, 2012 at 10:05 pm

great idea! would have never thought to throw marshmallows on top!

8 Ellen November 12, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Hehe, you the secret hidden slut! This was terrific. Of course, wouldn’t we all succumb to don draper’s charms?

9 Floey November 13, 2012 at 12:49 am

I am loving these episodes. You girls need your own sitcom.

10 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet November 13, 2012 at 7:23 am

Thanks so much for watching! Definitely could use help in spreading the word. Xo