I’ve got a buncha stuff to memorize, and a buncha yogurt in the house. Let’s bake!
Put on the Edie Sedgwick soundtrack and measured out a lot of sugar.
There’s no oil/butter in this recipe, just greek yogurt, bananas…
…and lots of peanut butter!
Also in there – rolled oats and flour.
I didn’t use any mix-ins, and I also didn’t have the patience to roll the dough into little balls!
While the bars baked, I ate breakfast and memorized lines for Nice Girls Crew 2 – I can’t tell you how great these smelled as I photographed them…
…or how badly I wanted to crawl into bed and eat the entire pan with a fork…
…but instead I kept working, and allowed them to cool for a few hours, so they’d cut nicely into 15 squares.
Packaged up a dozen to share, and ate the last one standing…
…all the crumbs…
…and every last bit!
I’m pleased with how they turned out – but don’t bite in expecting a chewy gooey blondie, or something packed with Peanut Butter. They’re hearty, and very subtle in flavor – perfect for breakfast or a late afternoon snack.
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt (I used Stonyfield Oikos)
- 3/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cups Organic Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Banana, Mashed
- 1 1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 3.5 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- Combine the yogurt and sugars, then add vanilla/eggs/banana/peanut butter.
- Mix the baking soda, oats, and flour. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting.