Chocolate Yogurt Pie Recipe – my very first pie, ever!
You guys, I am making my very first pie! One day I hope to be making a gorgeous fruit pie with intricate designs but right now I’m starting slow, and easy. This is a Chocolate Yogurt Pie.
I’m using a chocolate flavor by Stonyfield Yogurt…
…and a ready-made graham-cracker crust. Hey, this is my first attempt at pie – I have to keep it easy!
I only mean to bake it for 30-35 minutes. But unfortunately, I am gabbing away on the phone like an idiot and don’t hear the alarm go off until it’s 10 minutes past the end point. Luckily, it doesn’t burn and still looks highly edible.
The ladies of book club that evening actually wind up enjoying my first pie. It’s not creamy and rich like a cheesecake, but more firm like a pumpkin pie Seriously, nothing wrong with that in my book! I’m glad I finally got to get that “make my own first pie” thing out of the way. Can’t wait to make my next one!
P.S. My favorite part about these ready-made pie crusts is that they come with this convenient plastic part that will easily be a top for your dessert. It’s like a built in carrier!
- 1 ready-made Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 6 oz. Containers Chocolate Nonfat Yogurt
- 2/3 cups Turbinado Sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Combine the yogurt, eggs and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla, cornstarch, and salt and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a ready-made Graham Cracker shell.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Chill in the fridge before serving.