Jennifer Yen is an actress turned beauty mogul! Aside from starting her own successful skincare line, Pur-lisse, she is a wonderful friend and fellow foodie. Here’s her all-natural recipe for stunning hair.
I try to do this once a month but I think it would be better to do this 2 times. It seems long and tedious but it’s not – and I promise your hair will become healthier!!!
- Massage Nettle Leaf into your scalp and leave in for 15-20 minuntes
- Mix extra virgin coconut oil and olive oil (50/50), then use a dropper to distribute oil from scalp to ends (make sure hair ends get saturated).
- Comb through hair, so the oil mixture is evenly distributed. Flip your head down and brush your hair from the opposite direction for a change.
- Leave on for a few hours (or even overnight – put a towel on your pillow).
- Brew 2 large glasses of green or white tea (to be used later as a final rinse after conditioning.)
- Rinse hair with apple cider vinegar. This will help wash out the oil before shampooing, as well as remove buildup from products.
- Use a clarifying or detox shampoo – I like Phillip B and Ojon.
- Condition as usual. Since the scalp has been treated, I would use conditioner only at the hair ends – when you blow dry, there will be more volume. Rinse as usual with warm (not hot) water.
- Final rinse – with white or green tea. This will make hair smoother, stronger and shinier.
- Take fish oil and hair vitamins!