26 Beach

June 24, 2012

in appetizers, dinner

We stopped by Beverly Hills on Saturday afternoon for a little pool-side action…

IMG_4629 IMG_4631

…then returned to the sand and ocean for one last meal!

IMG_3900

Uncle Robert, Aunt Heidi, and crew returned from their trip. I prepped an appetizer for the travelers – Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Brie.

IMG_4689

Sautée a bag of Baby Spinach in EVOO with Garlic Salt…

IMG_4678

…mix with some chopped, marinated artichoke hearts + a few heaping tablespoons of Lemon Herb Aioli

IMG_4684

IMG_4686

Top with slices of brie, and broil til the cheese is melted…

IMG_4688

F.E.D. (Fast | Easy | Delicious)

IMG_4693

This is how I ate my two crackers – a thick slather with a cherry (tomato) on top, then folded into a sandwich.

IMG_4695

IMG_4698

Dinner was takeout from 26 Beach…how appropriate to end our staycation!

IMG_4699

They’re known for their burgers, particularly the Sushi ones, which are award-winning.

IMG_4703

I ordered the Spicy Tuna – and yes, it is chopped Ahi IN ADDITION to a Beef Patty.

IMG_4710

Also piled on there – green onion, ginger, nori, lettuce, tomato, and wasabi-shoyu-mayo.

IMG_4709

So weird how something can be so familiar and strange at the same time. It tasted exactly how I wanted it to taste – with an extra dose of AHI-Mazingness!

IMG_4714

Massive too – I cut half immediately to save for later.

IMG_4716

IMG_4717

Bite of their meat lasagna…

IMG_4720

…seriously, what CAN’T they do well? Am curious about their other burgers, especially the PB & Jelly one (<—here’s an at-home recipe version).

IMG_4723

Although 26 Beach has amazing-souding desserts, ours was homemade – an Apple Brown Betty Crumble I threw together with leftover muffin crumbs

IMG_4725

…plus a fruit salad of cantaloupe, strawberries, and balsamic glaze.

IMG_4729

IMG_4731

Will have to do a recap recipe – I have a couple thoughts on this one!!!

IMG_4733 IMG_4738

Good to be home, but I think we all miss the beach already.

PicMonkey Collage.jpg

26 Beach Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 allie@sweetpotatobites.com June 24, 2012 at 9:29 am

i love 26 beach – i always got the napa burger but i may have to try the spicy tuna next!

2 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet June 24, 2012 at 9:47 am

I’m determined to eat every single one off the menu!

3 Andrea@WellnessNotes June 24, 2012 at 10:10 am

I love your simple & delicious spinach/artichoke/brie dip! I’m putting it on my easy appetizer list!

The spicy tuna burger sounds very intriguing!

4 Akaleistar June 24, 2012 at 10:27 am

That burger looks amazing!

5 Redd H from Salted Spoon June 24, 2012 at 10:48 am

That all looks so good! I love the idea of brie in the dip. I made a Kale and Avocado dip last week that I think you might really like. Recipe is here:

Let me know what you think if you try it!

6 SkinnyRunner June 25, 2012 at 6:47 am

i just had ahi last night on a salad so i want to try the burger now but am also scared at the same time. i just went and looked up the menu to learn more bc now im intrigued…

7 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet June 25, 2012 at 7:58 am

don’t be scared – it’s amazing (and better the next day, cold). if you try any of the other burgers let me know!

8 Melissa "Melicious" Joulwan June 25, 2012 at 10:26 am

When I ate at 26 Beach, I had the sushi burger, too — but I was intrigued by the PB&J burger… so I had to make it at home. Thanks for the shoutout to my recipe. I hope you try it. It’s really, REALLY good.

Happy summer!

9 Abbie June 26, 2012 at 10:17 am

26 Beach is one of my favorite “Girls’ Brunch” spots, but I’ve never been at an appropriate time of day to try the burgers. Are they as good as they say??

10 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet June 26, 2012 at 10:52 am

Yessssss!!!!

11 Abbie Patterson June 26, 2012 at 5:15 pm

26 Beach is one of our favorite "girls" brunch spots, but I've never been at a time of day that a burger would be appropriate! Are they as good as the rumors?

12 Angela Serranzana June 27, 2012 at 8:43 pm

WHAT? I have never heard of 26 Beach, but that Sushi Burger is calling to me. Also, I am absolutely making the spinach thing this week. YUM.

13 Averie @ Averie Cooks July 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I love brie and that dip looks so good!