HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!!! Here’s a pic of me and my pops from back in the day.
Remember the casserole I made the other night? It really was the perfect last-minute, vegetarian dinner for a father with a brand new baby like Randall – delicious with plenty of freeze-able leftovers!
Couldn’t be easier – sliced shrooms, onions and garlic…
…egg whites, Greek Yogurt, and cottage cheese.
…pat down and sprinkle…
(adapted from 101 Cookbooks)
- 8 oz. package button mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Couscous, cooked
- 6 Tablespoons Egg Whites
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Couple handfuls Parmesan cheese
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Set aside. Chop the mushrooms, onions, and garlic.
- Sautee the mushrooms, then the onions in olive oil, season with salt and pepper, until translucent and lightly brown. Add the chopped garlic and turn off the heat. Add the couscous and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites, cottage cheese, yogurt, and salt.
- Combine everything and pour into a sprayed 9x13 pan. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, cover with foil, and put in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 20-30 minutes.