Capital C Food

June 2, 2012

in dinner, restaurant

We sat in nearly 2.5 hours of traffic last night – but it was all worth it to see the Chens!

IMG_2199

Yup, my Mom and Dad are in the area – and whenever they make an appearance on the blog, you know there’s a lot of Chinese food close by.

IMG_2227

Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Jicama and Thai Basil…

IMG_2205

…Hong Kong Style Chow Mein with crispy egg noodles and seafood…

IMG_2209

…Pealeaf with Sauteed Garlic…

IMG_2219

…and House String Beans stir fried with garlic and chilis.

IMG_2222

I had two of these (good)…

IMG_2215

…a small bowl of noodles (not good) with shrimp, fish, squid, and “crab”…

IMG_2211

…big plate of veggies and just seafood (the string beans were the best part).

IMG_2229

Refills…

IMG_2235

…twice!

IMG_2234

We added 2 brown rice bowls to the order – which they were slow to bring out and charged $4 for. Boo.

IMG_2231

Capital Seafood serves overpriced and mediocre meals, but the good news is that I’ll have many more opportunities to discover better Chinese restaurants in the future…

IMG_2201

…my parents are house hunting in the O.C.!!!!

Capital Seafood on Urbanspoon

1 Cindy June 2, 2012 at 7:37 am

Mom and Pops nearby = Awesome!

2 Lisa June 2, 2012 at 8:16 am

I’m salivating. Literally! Your mama reminds me of mine. <3

3 Sadie Yip June 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I love sweet and sour pork, me being Chinese and all, couldn't find a delicious sweet and sour pork, and I live in hk damn it :p

4 Ellen June 2, 2012 at 9:22 am

Have fun with your folks! Mine are in town too, which means at least one trip to Cass Vega to fulfill my mom’s Mexican food cravings…

5 Molly June 2, 2012 at 9:25 am

i miss this kind of food so much!!! definitely my favorite cuisine!

6 emily (a nutritionist eats) June 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

That is so exciting Lynn! I hope I can be doing the same thing in a few years. :)

7 Jen Gregory June 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

That’s great news! My fingers are crossed that my parents moved to Florida within a few years. Family should always be close by. I think this is something we are programmed to figure out in our 30s.

8 afratsja June 2, 2012 at 10:34 am

ooohh…! when in OC, u should try a chinese muslim restaurant in tustin. i forgot the name already! it was not entirely overpriced, but the dishes i tried there were all awesome!

9 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet June 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

Love Chinese Muslim restaurants!

10 Judy Hsieh Bigman June 2, 2012 at 5:44 pm

We're super excited that your parents are joining the rest of our family here on the West Coast! The family gatherings will be merrier ;o) (and ALWAYS a lot of HOME COOKED Chinese food :)).

11 Tracy Liou June 2, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Yum

12 Lea @ Healthy Coconut June 2, 2012 at 10:45 am

I remembered to check out the announcement today.

Woohoo, that’s great news if they are planning to live in OC. That means you will be here more often and maybe we can hang out and meet at bakeries :) lol!

I’ve eaten at Capital Seafood and it was ok for me, fancy decors, good ambiance and love the plaza it’s in. We love going to Furiwa Restaurant (in Westminster) for dim sum but they have a full menu too, if you want to check it out next time.

13 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet June 2, 2012 at 12:28 pm

yes if they do move here you’ll be seeing a lot more of me (and i’ll be picking your brain for places to eat!)

14 Melissa @TryingtoHeal June 2, 2012 at 10:55 am

yay for your parents visiting!!! and of course the traditional chinese food!

15 TSAC June 2, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I love string beans too! Growing up, I was that kid who moms loved to feed because I cleaned my plate of all veggies.
I’ve been reading your blog for the past several months, and would love for y’all to check mine out.
Thanks!

16 Lani June 2, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Yay! I’m happy for your whole family!

17 Cellabella June 2, 2012 at 6:50 pm

That’s the same with my folks – my husband and I don’t eat much Chinese food but when my parents fly over from Virginia to visit the O.C., it’s Chinese food every day and every meal! I think I had a similar green bean dish at least four times the last time they were here ;)

I hope they find a nice home in OC, they should definitely go to Irvine to sample the many Chinese restaurants there (101 Noodles, Sam Woo on Culver, Tri-Village, and A&J to name a few).

18 Walo June 2, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I second Sam Woo and A&J, but Tri-Village seems to have gone down hill. I like Chong Qing Mei Wei for Szechuan. Happy house hunting!

19 Yiyun Fung June 3, 2012 at 5:15 am