Trader Joe’s Parking Lot

May 23, 2012

in los angeles area interests, trader joe's

Even though we won’t be eating at home much over the next few days, I HAD to visit the brand new Trader Joe’s.

IMG_0780

Located across the street from The Grove/Farmer’s Market, with an Umami Burger and Mendocino Farms opening next door, I’ve a feeling I’ll be living at the corner of Fairfax and 3rd. The only problem is the parking lot, which is almost worse than the infamous Venice Whole Foods one.

IMG_0782

But inside, it’s super spacious!!! Dare I say, TOO big? That’s weird for me to admit, having lived in NYC for 7 years. Wide aisles make me feel a bit spoiled…

photo

…I grabbed some of the last few packages of Ginger Chews, and stocked up…

photo copy

…an ironing break this morning…

photo.JPG

…couple more shirts left and we’re off to the beach for family time.

P.S. My Spinach, Brie, and Chestnut Crustless Quiche is featured on Healthy Living Blogs today!

1 Miss K May 23, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I have heard so much about Traders Joe’s but never been to one (unfortunately not available where I live). Must check it out next time I’m visiting the US!

2 Jen Gregory May 23, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I love new supermarkets! And I cannot wait for Trader Joe’s to come to South Florida. There’s one in Naples, but that’s almost two hours away. Insert sad face.

3 Claire May 23, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I must have gone at a good time because it was pretty empty (both the store and lot) when I just went! Definitely nice and big too!

4 allie@sweetpotatobites May 23, 2012 at 4:01 pm

that trader joe’s looks amazing! i used to live walking distance from the grove so i’m bummed i missed out on it. and missing out on a new umami burger + mendocino farms!

5 em May 23, 2012 at 5:31 pm

look at that bright and shiny TJ’s!! unfortunately i don’t have one here in Michigan. :( there is one in ann arbor but not grand rapids. i spy bananas for 19 cents…wow!

6 Lauren May 23, 2012 at 5:42 pm

What a gorgeous Trader Joe’s!!!

7 Deb May 23, 2012 at 8:10 pm

It’s so great to have a TJs right down the street from me! I used to go to great lengths to avoid the other local location on La Brea, which I really hate. I do have to say though, it does feel like the aisles are very wide. I’m lucky that I live close enough where I don’t need to park. That lot did look hectic!

8 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 23, 2012 at 8:46 pm

That TJ’s is huge! Ever since you posted about Umami Burger, I’ve been wanting to try it…will have to go there the next time I’m in LA :)

9 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty May 23, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I REALLY wish that Trader Joes came to Canada – I’d be soooooo excited!!

10 Marcus May 23, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Mochi ice cream!

11 Sues May 24, 2012 at 4:28 am

That Trader Joe’s looks incredible!! And might I also add that I REFUSE to drive to the TJ’s in my neighborhood because the parking lot is the biggest cluster ever! Always an accident waiting to happen- they have to have a cop man the parking lot on evenings and weekends! Luckily, I live within walking distance!

12 Lynn @ The Actor's Diet May 24, 2012 at 8:11 am

oh, to live within walking distance of a TJ’s – i can dream!!!

13 Joanne May 24, 2012 at 4:28 am

Whoa! I wouldn’t even know what to do with all that TJ’s aisle space! Looks awesome!