Slim Tuesday

February 21, 2012

in breakfast, fruit

Big day in the food world – Mardi Gras AND National Pancake Day!!! I’m happy to report that the birthday bacon sundae from my NOLA trip was featured on CNN’s “Best Bites in the Big Easy,” but unfortunately my morning has been too crazy for any King Cake, or even to whip up a batch of instant oatmeal pancakes!

IMG_0143

Breakfast to go – a baggie filled with TJ’s Frosted Shredded Wheats, plus a blood orange, which got pretty messy in the car…

IMG_0134

…when I got back from 50 minutes of rush hour traffic, I took Julius for a walk and admired the neighborhood art…

IMG_6817

IMG_8694

IMG_8695

…then ate the other half of yesterday’s melon before a Skype meeting.

IMG_0128

Now I’m off again, to see my “Daylight Savings” director (and “Yes We’re Open” co-star) Dave – the San Diego Asian Film Festival just posted this video of us from the red carpet + the Q&A after our “Surrogate Valentine” screening last October.

Any Mardi Gras (or pancake) celebrations going on with you guys?

1 Emily February 21, 2012 at 5:39 pm

when i lived in st. louis, there was a giant celebration of craziness that was a lot of drinking. too crazy for me. i actually forgot it was fat tuesday..

2 Rainbeauvallie February 21, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Thanks for mentioning Mardi Gras! I was thinking everyone had forgotten about it. I enjoyed your post from this day last year, it got me thinking about green yellow purple frosting on cinnamon cake on the way home from work tonight!

3 Gina February 21, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Here in Hawaii, you gotta have Malasada’s. Deep fried dough. Crunchy on the outside fluffy on the inside and rolled in sugar. Oh… so Ono (delicious). And yes I picked up a dozen. On the way home from work.

4 Lynn at The Actors Diet February 21, 2012 at 11:11 pm

i JUST heard about those recently! i need to go to hawaii…and you obviously need to be my food guide!

5 Mina Riazi February 21, 2012 at 11:01 pm

I love the neighborhood art (“You signed the cast around my heart” melted my heart) and the SDAFF interview…Chad’s Christopher Walken impersonation is priceless!

6 Lynn at The Actors Diet February 21, 2012 at 11:12 pm

his CW is quite good…hopefully the sequel will come to SDAFF and we can see each other this year too!!!

7 Mina Riazi February 22, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Yes, that would be great!! I really enjoyed the experience of going to SDAFF and it would be a blast to see you again!

8 Teresapalooza!! February 22, 2012 at 3:17 am

I love that a vintage Tomorrowland poster is your desktop background! :)

9 Gillian Young February 22, 2012 at 5:50 am

I can’t wait to see Surrogate Valentine!!