AZN

February 11, 2012

in fruit

Look at this poster Parry made for our SFIAAFF premiere!

ywo-sfiaaff-poster1.jpg

So pumped for the festival – I love being a part of the Asian-American community and have been bursting with pride for my peeps lately.

First, seeing friend of the blog Beverly Kim fight her way back into the Top Chef Final 4…

IMG_8758

(She and Paul are definitely my favorites)

topcheftexas.jpg.728x520_q85.jpg

…and now, a dude named Jeremy Lin is taking the world by storm. Even my mother is watching basketball for the first time…uh, ever?!?

lin photo.jpg

Thinking of changing the way I spell my name – just so Abe can wear this shirt without me getting too jealous. (He, along with everyone else I know, is crazy obsessed.)

linsanity_large2.jpg

Now I’m about to slam dunk half this cantaloupe right into my belly!!!

photo

Speaking of rockin’ Asians – come check out my Daylight Savings costars Goh and Jane today at Giant Robot 2!

AlUj_caCIAIVhob.jpg

1 Cindy February 11, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I’ve definitely been on the edge of my seat this week. Beverly makes a killer come back. Sad to see Ed go, but I think Beverly and Paul have been doing the most original dishes all season.
And…Holy Cow Jeremy Lin! My little basketball heart is beaming to watch such an underdog rise so high so fast. He’s fun to watch and his unfettered joy is infectious.

Gotta go…vittles on the stovetop need attention.

2 Natalie February 11, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Yeah Jeremy!!! I know Jeremy personally both from home and from going to school with him – and he really is SUCH a great guy with a huge heart.

(and he’s staying on the couch that I normally stay on i.e. his brother’s couch – so when I go to New York so next week I gotta find a different place to stay!!)

3 Lynn at The Actors Diet February 11, 2012 at 6:00 pm

um, HOLY SHIT, natalie. please say hello from one taiwanese-american lynn to another!

4 evafitness February 11, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Awesome! love the poster!

5 actorsdiet February 12, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Thanks! Parry’s a photoshop whiz!

6 Fredric Delmais (@FredricDelmais) February 12, 2012 at 3:41 am

Someone has caught basketball fever! I believe you said in your post of a couple of days ago that “I have a very strong dislike for sports”. The Jeremy Lin story is exciting for new & old sport fans. I liked the contrast in the NY/LA game between Kobe & Jeremy. Kobe the veteran, lives in a mansion, didn’t even go to college & signs a big contract after high school. I’m a long time Kobe fan, saw his father play in college for La Salle U. Just saying about that cantaloupe, think it would be more pick and roll than slam dunk. Next you’ll be reading to children, books about cute little marsupials. By the way, one waddled across the road in front of me tonight- thought of you!

7 pure2rawtwins February 12, 2012 at 6:10 am

haha love that poster!

8 Denise Delgado February 12, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Beverly and Paul are definitely my favorites. I’d be very happy if either of them won.