Beverly Kim is actually my friend Lee Ann Kim’s sister. She was kind enough to take the time out of her busy schedule and answer a few questions.
- What’s your favorite snack? Ramen noodles with hot dogs and egg.
- Do you have any cooking rituals? I don’t really have a specific ritual because I try to be spontaneous when cooking.
- What are the best gadgets for a home cook? Vitamix Blender, Kitchen Aid Mixer, Food Processor, Microplane, Japanese Mandolin, and a pressure cooker.
- Favorite places to eat in Chicago? Lao Szechuan, Tank Noodle, Lula Cafe, Urban Belly, Telegraph, Ruxbin.
- Is there a story behind your tattoo? It’s a phoenix rising from the ashes. It helps remind me that I will grow stronger from any times of struggle or adversity.
Even though she packed her knives a few episodes ago, Beverly is the reigning champion on “Last Chance Kitchen” so she still has a chance to come back for the finals! Good luck, Beverly – I’m rooting for you!