Practical Shopper

January 15, 2012

in fashion, shopping

On Wednesday, I stopped by Macy’s to stock up on my favorite makeup remover before the shoot. I’m so practical.

On the way to the restroom, I happened upon the bag section.

Cute. But not practical.

Hello, dream bag…

…this price could’ve been more outrageous, actually…

…still, I’m a very practical (ahem, cheap) shopper.

Sale pile:

Went with black – I don’t have any large black bags at all!

Are you a practical shopper?

1 KaraHadley January 15, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I’m so practical when it comes to clothes shopping. But food shopping it another story.

2 chezjulie January 15, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Normally, yes. I spent $200.00 on a bag once and still haven’t gotten over the guilt. At least it is a good bag and I am carrying it for a second winter!

3 Ellen January 15, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I have such a hard time buying clothes. If I don’t absolutely love something, I don’t buy. I go downtown to the fashion district to stock up on my “uniform”-black stockings, black tank, simple black skirt, but it takes a lot for me to purchase stuff outside the box.

4 Samantha Looks So Fine January 15, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I love Macy’s. I also shop the sale/clearance section plus I use my coupons and my Macy’s card to get an extra discount. So glad you got a nice bag for over half off!

5 Sherilyn January 15, 2012 at 1:34 pm

WOW! Nice bag. GREAT PRICE. :-)

6 Joy January 15, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I am super practical when shopping but sometimes I’m dumb… Like when the tube socks my husband likes we’re on sale for 90% off for a pack of 10 I bought 10 packs (because I figured it was like buying one package) 100 new pairs of socks might be overkill

7 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) January 15, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I am practical with most things, but I am not practical when it comes to clothing … at all. It is silly.

8 Vivian January 15, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I have my moments. Sometimes I’m practical, sometimes I’m not. It’s terrible on my bank account lol. I’d definitely splurge on a good bag if I find one I really like though…although the cheaper ones are great on my wallet, they do tend to wear out quite fast, especially for daily use.

With that said – Marc by Marc Jacobs costs so much more than that where I live. Boo. =(

9 anne January 15, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Great buy! Cute bag. I try to be practical with my clothes, so that I can get what I want for shoes & bags- since I wear them season after season. The investment pieces always end up paying for themselves since I wear them so much!

10 topangagurl January 16, 2012 at 8:14 am

Damn straight I’m a practical shopper – !! Love vintage finds, and also estate sales stuff – there is a store here called “Value Village” – it’s all used – but I have found some seriously beautiful trinkets…Love TJ Maxx and outlet stores…I worked for Macy’s in Santa Monica – and truth be told – the mark up on what they carry is CA-Razy! LA is a shopping mecca…you CAN look good and save $$$…it’s al about where to look! dig the bag Lynn

11 Megan January 16, 2012 at 10:28 am

I won’t buy something I don’t absolutely love. If I leave the store and I’m still thinking about it a week later I will go back and buy it. Sometimes I lose the item because it’s already been sold.